You can take a new approach to explaining the big keywords with this Redeemer of Israel Lyrics Art singing time idea! It’s a great way to teach Redeemer of Israel in a highly visual way and lots of interaction.
Redeemer of Israel Lyrics Art
*Downloads are available at the bottom of the post when signed in!*
How to Play:
Sing through Redeemer of Israel (flipchart here) once before starting this activity.
Exclaim – wow! There are a lot of big words in this song! Do you know what some of those big words mean? Let’s talk about them! To help us understand a word we can use other words to help explain what the keyword means.
Introduce your first keyword – Redeemer. Does anyone know who our Redeemer is? What is a “Redeemer”? Are there other words you can think of to help us understand that word?
You can let older kids come up and write on the poster words that make them think about Jesus as our Redeemer.
For younger kids, just introduce a few alternate words and talk about the meaning. Such as “someone who saves us”. You can also post the chart with the already filled in alternate words that help give context to the keyword.
Sing through the song and ask for the kids to look for a BIG WORD that you can do next! Let them popcorn out answers until you hear the next big word and work through the song in order.
- Redeemer – Savior, Saves Us, Liberates, Rescues, Jesus Christ, Brother, Friend, Shepherd
- Delight – Joy, Pleasure, Thrill, Happy, Glee, Smile, Service, Blessed
- Blessing – Miracle, Good things, Dedicate, Consecrate, Healing, Comfort, Prayer, Family
- Shadow – Always with Us, Protects from heat, Spirit, Shade, Follows Us, Walks with Us, Best Friend
- Pillar – Tower, Rock, Column, Support, Mast, Strengthens, Lifts Up, Helps, Carries our Burden
- Deliverer – Release, Brings Us to Safety, Helps Us Escape Danger, Provides a Way, Miracles, Pathway, Opens a Door
- Pick a word from the keyword page to substitute in for each of the main words. Such as sing “Savior” instead of “Redeemer” or “Miracle” instead of “Blessing”. Just swap out one word each time through after introducing some of the alternate words. How does changing the word affect the meaning? Does it help you think deeper about the song and what it’s saying?
- Substitute out all the red words, now all the green, etc! Or have half the room sing the colored substitute words and the other half sing the original words. Which one can you hear the loudest and clearest (encourages singing loud, but not shouting!)
- Accept the words in any order, then have them help you sort them back into the correct sequence when you’ve added all 6!
This lesson plan reminds me a bit of our fun Pin the Primary Song review game! It’s a fun visual poster with lots of different text and colors to add interest and let the kids pick random Primary songs to sing through with several ways to play!
Redeemer of Israel Lyrics Art
Printable Singing Time Lesson Plan
This printable lesson plan includes a help guide with how to use this activity in your own Singing Time. Plus, you’ll find extension games and activities and a guide to some synonyms to get you started.
You can then print out a 6-page set of posters with either a blank canvas with the keyword or fun colorful lyrics art pages that share some keywords I’ve come up with to help explain and describe the difficult big words in the song.
How to Login to Unlock Downloads!
You can access ALL of our free lesson plans, flip charts, and other printables and downloads by subscribing! Grow.me is a really cool tool that lets you bookmark and save your favorite posts. See our FAQ page here if you need additional help!
Step 1: Click the Unlock Printables button below or 3 Dots icon in the bottom left corner.
Step 2: Create a free account with Grow.me and login.
*NOTE: We do not ask for ANY Credit card information on our lesson plans!! If you see any type of request, that’s not my site!
Step 3: That’s it! All download files will automatically be unlocked as long as you are logged in! If you’re already logged in, you’ll see the PDF preview and/or download button below.
Signing up will subscribe you to our email newsletter or update your subscription status if you previously unsubscribed. Our newsletter shares the latest weekly posts with timely and fun Singing Time ideas and new printable lesson plans!
👇 Download Here 👇
For another engaging way to dive into the big keywords in this song, head over to see our Redeemer of Israel Shadow & Pillar lesson plan. It’s a hands-on way to explore they symbols of Christ being our shadow and our pillar.
How did this Redeemer of Israel Lyrics Art singing time idea go in your Primary?