This adorable Spot It Valentine’s Day Singing Time game will be a hit! It’s colorful and fun and includes 13 Favorite Valentine’s Day Primary Songs in the mix!
While it was designed to be used with LDS Primary Songs, it can be used just as a fun themed game without songs, too!
I’ll tell you though, this game was a CHALLENGE to make! I even watched several YouTube videos on the logic. But they either had too few symbols or would make way too many cards.
So, I did the best I could here but just to be clear there are a few cards that if flipped won’t have a matching symbol. **Now updated with a version that works perfectly!!**
Even so, I have 2 fun ways to play with this game (and a few more extension ideas) that all work great for playing with this adorable Valentine’s Day Singing Time Spot It game without issues!
Spot It Valentine’s Day Singing Time Game
How to Play:
Print the cards and play with them either in print order or with a random shuffle to pick an assortment of songs!
Sing in Any Order: Shuffle and randomly select 2 Spot It cards. Find a matching symbol and then sing through the song that matches, then continue hunting for the “perfect match” pairs!
Sing Songs in Any Order:
- 😍 I Feel My Savior’s Love #74
- 💗 Love One Another #136
- 📩 I’m Trying to be Like Jesus #78
- 💙 We Are Different (vs 3) #263
- 📢 Love is Spoken Here #190
- 🐦 A Happy Family #198a
- 🌸 (Flower heart) Reverence is Love #31
- 👓 I Love to See the Temple #9
- 💋 Daddy’s Homecoming #210
- 🗨 Jesus Said Love Everyone #61
- 💘 (Cupid) I Know My Father Lives #9
- 💞 (Swirl Heart) I’ll Walk with You #140
- 🤟 Mother, I Love You #207
Sing in Print Order: Print and then display the cards in sequence showing the cards in the order they printed.
Simply display the first 2 cards and have the children find a matching symbol, then keep the 2nd card and flip the 3rd image over and find a new match.
Sing through the song after each match is found. This will have you sign 12 Valentine’s Day songs.
This option is great if you prefer simplicity, and you want to give your pianist a heads up of exactly which songs you’ll sing and in the order they’ll appear.
Sing Songs in Print Order:
- Love is Spoken Here #190
- A Happy Family #198a
- I’m Trying to Be Like Jesus #78
- Daddy’s Homecoming #210
- I Love to See the Temple #9
- We Are Different (vs 3) #263
- I Feel My Savior’s Love #74
- I Know My Father Lives #9
- Reverence is Love #31
- I’ll Walk with You #140
- Love One Another #136
- Jesus Said Love Everyone #61
** Mother, I Love You #207
Sing first or last, it won’t be included in the sequence
- You can keep all the posters visible and let the kids try to find new combinations. You can even let them repeat songs if they choose to!
- Play a little I Spy and ask the children if they can find a specific picture. How many are there. What song might it represent? Then sing through that song.
- Print out the smaller cards and have the children work together in small groups. Shuffle the Spot It cards and go in order as far as they can go until there is no match. Whichever group finishes the fastest or has the most matches then gets to pick a song from their final card to sing as a Primary.
- Pass out one card to each child to hold. Randomly select one symbol. Have all the children with a matching symbol on their card stand and sing! It’s like a backwards bingo game!
- Use the cards one at a time and let the children pick one of the symbols. Sing the coordinating song. You can even let them see the song guide, so they get the opportunity to make choices! You can have a child (plus a friend in a large Primary) pick from the symbols or have the Primary take a quick vote.
- Swap out the symbols included for your own song picks! See our list of Primary Valentine’s Day songs to help!
For another fun Valentine’s Day Singing Time idea, try this darling Valentine’s Day Word Search game! Don’t forget to continue below to grab the free printable Spot it game.
Spot It Valentine’s Day
Game for Singing Time
Included in this printable game is a guide to the symbols and song order with song numbers for your pianist! Then, there is a one page colorful printable guide to the symbols if you choose to use it with your choice of ways to play.
Then, you can print out the 1/4 sheet Spot It game cards to play a variety of different games!
You’ll be able to find a printable lesson plan and larger full page game cards as part of February New Testament INSTANT Primary Singing membership. Or, look for the bonus printables in my shop.
To access the free in-post printables for this post, you’ll just need to create a free account or login with the Grow.me tool. Then, confirm by email and refresh the page and ALL my free printables will automatically unlock in every post!
For more information on why I use a content lock or how to create your account, you can see the FAQ page here.
See all of our favorite Valentine’s Day Primary Singing Time Ideas here!
What other fun ways could you use these Spot It Valentine’s Day Singing Time game cards?