We are going to have so much fun with the Baptism song with all these easy and fun ideas I’ve been sharing this week, be sure to check out all the others, too.
Another fun idea I’ll be using in my Primary is this Baptism Finger Drawing singing time activity. We’ll use our imaginations and a pretend canvas to draw the song with simple actions as we sing along!
** See 20 Baptism Song Singing Time Ideas here **
Baptism Finger Drawing
How to Play:
– Start by singing through the song once. Tell the children to try to picture the scene because we’re going to be drawing it in the air next!
– Tell the children to imagine they are holding their favorite crayon, marker, or paintbrush out in front of them. You need their help to color the song while you sing.
– You can post my suggested crayon actions or let them do absolutely anything the song makes them think of.
Baptism Finger Drawing Pattern:
– Jesus smiley face
– came to arrow
– John smiley face
– the Baptist water
– in Judea star
– long ago and swirling back in time
– was baptized water
– by immersion arrow pointing down
– in the river lines back and forth like a long river
– Jordan’s flow curved lines up and down
– Try coloring fast or slow with the words. For example, “Jesus” is held out so you would draw your line slowly through that word and then pick up the pace as you quickly sing “came to”. This is a tricky challenge, so I’d save it for Senior primary.
– Have the kids take turn “leading” actions and let everyone follow along.
– Let the kids help you pick out what the actions might be and draw them up on the whiteboard so everyone can follow.
See this Baptism Finger Drawing Singing Time Idea in Action
If for any reason, you have trouble viewing this short video, you can look for the Baptism Song Finger Drawing video on my YouTube Singing Time playlist.
After you grab the printables below, head over next to see another fun way to use your fingers in singing time with this fun The Holy Ghost Finger Lights activity!
Baptism Finger Drawing Printable Lesson Plan
You can easily save this Baptism Finger Drawing idea and add it to your lesson filing cabinet to use in the future with this printable Baptism Finger Drawing lesson plan!
It’s an easy to print 1-page overview with all the suggested shapes to “draw” to match the song for the 1st verse!
I’ve included a printable lesson plan, additional finger drawing patterns for the 2nd and 3rd verse, and larger 2-page finger drawing charts as part of the INSTANT Primary Singing membership! You’ll find those files included with Baptism is the featured song of the month. Or, pickup this printable in my shop.
To access the free in-post printables for this post, you’ll just need to create a free account or login with the Grow.me tool. Then, confirm by email and refresh the page and ALL my free printables will automatically unlock in every post!
For more information on why I use a content lock or how to create your account, you can see the FAQ page here.
Next, head over to these other fun Baptism Song activities:
What other fun ways could you extend this activity?