This is the 3rd fun set of printable game cards from our Would You Rather? Dad Edition series! In this set, there are questions focused on dads for Father’s Day! Just pick an influential man in your life – dad, grandpa, uncle, teacher, etc and consider which of the two options they would rather!
It’s a really fun and hilarious game seeing how the kids answer for their dads, especially if you know the dads in question! This fun game can work with ANY Primary song, but is especially designed to pair with your Father’s Day songs to build in lots of repetition! Use it to repeat one song over and over for review!
Affiliate links are used in this post.
Would You Rather? Dad Edition
Singing Time Review Game
*Downloads are available at the bottom of the post when signed in!*
This song can be played to review ANY Primary song, but I’ve especially designed it to have fun with your Father’s Day songs! I have included a variety of Would Dad Rather questions. But you can also see our two other sets of cards for Moms and Kids edition questions!
- Print out the Would He Rather Cards thick cardstock paper.
- You can select to print on both sides of the page (flipping on the long edge) pages 2-2. This will give you cards with a back design!
- If you have alignment issues, print the front then load that paper into your printer and print the backs!
- Cut them out, and laminate to preserve them for later!
Our Favorite Primary Father’s Day Songs:
How to Play Would Dad Rather?
- Tell the children to picture someone extra special in their life they want to sing to this Father’s Day. It could be a dad, uncle, grandpa, step-parent, teacher, etc.
- Ask the children to keep their special person in mind for the whole game! Think of them as you answer each of the Would He Rather card questions!
- Have a child come up and select one of the Would Dad Rather Cards. Let them read it out loud.
- Have the children that pick option 1 sing the verse, and children that pick option 2 sing the chorus.
- Repeat by picking a new volunteer, the next Would You Rather Dad Edition card, and sing through the song again!
I originally played this game by just drawing out a variety of shapes up on the board. They mostly represent the cards actually in this set. I would let the kids pick one symbol from one side, and then we’d find the “match” that went together as a pair.
Extension / Alternative Activities:
- Add our additional Would You Rather questions with the Mom set and Kids set for variety!
- Alternate songs and have a volunteer pick one of your Primary Program songs for each question!
Ways to Mix and Match Singing:
- Have Option 1 sing the 1st verse, while Option 2 sings the 2nd verse
- Alternate singing every other line
- Have any children that MATCH the volunteer’s selection sing, everyone else whisper sings.
- Take turns singing – who sang it “best” (most enthusiastic, loudest, cheerful, etc)?
Would Dad / He Rather:
- Eat Pizza or Tacos
- Watch TV or Read a Book
- Play Football or Baseball
- Go to the Lake or Mountain
- Play Golf or Go Running
- Wear Shorts or Suit & Tie
- Wear a Hat or Wear a Watch
- Take a Nap or Play Video Game
Would You Rather? Dad Edition
Father’s Day Singing Time Game
In this fun printable game, you’ll have a lesson plan that’s easy to refer back to and 8 Dad-focused questions to ask the kids! There are also instructions for how to print so you have a front and a back design!
If you want to mix and match with our other card sets, head over to those posts:
Once you’ve printed your lesson, you can laminate the individual would you rather cards! You can add in cards from the other sets to add even more variety! You can either separate and have the boys pick one card and then the girls take a turn and pick from the girl bowl!
To access the free in-post printables for this post, you’ll just need to create a free account or login with the Grow.me tool. Then, confirm by email and refresh the page and ALL my free printables will automatically unlock in every post!
For more information on why I use a content lock or how to create your account, you can see the FAQ page here.
Descargar Archivos PDF en Español
Utilice el botón Traducir de la parte superior de la página para convertir la entrada del blog al español y descargar el archivo.
To download this file in English, simply toggle the translation language at the top of the post to switch back to our English version of the page and download the English PDF.
What other fun questions could you include to ask about dad?