July really took a toll on me! With a couple weeks of travel and then a kidney stone, I’ve been out of commission! Without further ado, here’s what I’ve got in the works for August!
Since our Primary Program is scheduled for September, I’m hoping to run through a few of the songs that the kids can use extra time with before the program. Then, in September we’ll
August Song List
Focus Songs: All 10 of our Program Songs!
- Come, Follow Me Hymn #116
- Baptism CS #100
- Tell Me the Stories of Jesus CS #57
- I Feel My Savior’s Love CS #74
- Keep the Commandments CS #146
- Gethsemane (not in CS)
- I Know My Father Lives CS #5
- The Holy Ghost CS #105
- Search, Ponder, and Pray CS #109
- Choose the Right Way CS #160
Come, Follow Me Teaching Manual Songs:
- Follow the Prophet CS #110
Junior Primary Wiggle Songs: (Taken from the Come, Follow Me Lessons)
- Wise Man and the Foolish Man CS #281
- Head, Shoulders, Knees, Toes CS #275
- I Will Follow God’s Plan for Me CS #164
August Lesson Plan, by Week
August Week 1:
- Gethsemane – Whichever activity you haven’t done yet!
- Follow the Prophets – Prophet Match
August Week 2:
- Tell me the Stories of Jesus – Partner Instruments/Band
- Baptism – Concentration Match
- Choose the Right Way – Sign Language
August Week 3:
- Keep the Commandments – Paper Plates
- I Know My Father Lives – Word Puzzle
- I Feel My Savior’s Love – What’s in my Bag?
August Week 4:
- The Holy Ghost – Finger Lights
- Search, Ponder, and Pray – Guest Performance
- Come, Follow Me – Sand Blocks
- OR: Program Practice in Primary Room
Editable Singing Time
Schedule for Subscribers!
You can grab a copy of the editable, printable version of my July singing time planning sheet. It will outline all the activities above with a short recap of the lesson plan so you can just print and be ready to teach! Access to the monthly lesson plan printable is exclusive for my weekly email subscribers!
You can use my lesson plans as-is, or edit the sheet with your own plans. I also fold this printable in half (like my song list printable) so it’s easy to use in my singing time binder and jot down any notes or changes in my plan as the month goes forward. I also make sure to note any activities we didn’t get to, so I can use those later in the year.
If you’re already a subscriber, watch your emails for your exclusive link!
More Singing Time Ideas for July
If you’re looking for more ideas and inspiration, visit these other post:
- Fun and Easy Review Games for a Mix of Songs!
- 8 Singing Time Ideas for I Know My Father Lives
- 8 Singing Time Ideas for I Feel My Savior’s Love