Who else is so excited for the new year with all the new changes? A shortened block and new instructions around that, the new curriculum and flexibility to select the songs, and even changes with the ages. There’s so much new — but with all the changes we can be that steady constant for our little Primary singers!
I’ve planned out my singing time lessons and ideas for January, so here’s what I’ll be doing. I’m working to add (and expound on) the ideas below through some posts, but that takes a little time.
Head over next to see my February Singing Time Plan!
Anyways, here’s what I have planned for January!
January Song List
- Come, Follow Me – Hymn #116 — Find the Come, Follow Me Flip Chart here.
- Search, Ponder and Pray CS #108
- Choose the Right Way CS #160
Come, Follow Me Teaching Manual Songs:
Junior Primary Wiggle Songs: (Taken from the Come, Follow Me Lessons)
- Jesus Once Was a Little Child – CS #55
- We Bow Our Heads – CS #25
- Called to Serve – CS #174
January Lesson Plan, by Week
January Week 1:
- Come, Follow Me: Puzzle Picture
- Search, Ponder and Pary: Melody Chart
- Choose the Right Way: Warning Sounds
January Week 2:
- Come, Follow Me: Hands & Feet Senses Activity
- Choose the Right Way: Missing Words
- A Child’s Prayer: Team Band
January Week 3:
- Come, Follow Me: Bar Graph
- Search, Ponder and Pray: Action Words
- Choose the Right Way: Scripture Connection
January Week 4:
- Come, Follow Me: Ribbon Wands
- The Lord is My Light (Chorus Only): Battle Singing
- Choose the Right Way: Sign Language
For more Singing Time Monthly Plans, see our landing page to grab our most recent monthly resources!
Editable January New Testament
Schedule for Subscribers!
I had a request to share an editable, printable version of my January planning sheet (like shown above). You can now access that printable by subscribing to my weekly emails!
Subscribe for immediate access, and other bonus printables, here:
More Singing Time Ideas
If you’re looking for more ideas and inspiration, visit these other post: