I’m so thrilled that it’s almost spring – bring on April! I’m so ready to have my focus song for the month be An Angel Came to Joseph Smith, my choice song for April! I’ll also be using two other Come Follow Me Primary songs and teaching a Mother’s Day song!
April Singing Time Lesson Plans
I plan to work on 3 different songs each month – and usually teach 2-3 songs during my 20-minute Singing Time. For April, my song picks and goals are:
- My Heavenly Father Loves Me – Finish learning the 2nd verse, which we started in February. Review the song to commit to memory.
- An Angel Came to Joseph Smith – My choice song for April. We will work on learning 2nd and 4th verse as we started learning this song in February.
- When I Am Baptized – Since this song was learned last year, most of the kids know it. We’ll spend a little bit of time having fun singing this song in April. The Junior Primary will need some help learning the song. This will be our main in June, so it’s just a fun introduction here.
- Mother, I Love You – We’ll also start working on our Mother’s Day song choice the last couple of weeks in April.
Some weeks, I may not get to one of the activities if one of the first 2 run a little long or really engage the kiddos. Then, I’ll just save the 3rd activity and reschedule it for another week later in the year.
1st Week of April – General Conference
I’m so looking forward to this week off to recoup and enjoy the words from the apostles! I’m planning ahead different things I can print, cut out, and assemble during conference. It’s perfect time to write the lyrics on the back of your flip charts! See what I mean in our Tips & Tricks for Using Flip Charts post!
2nd Week of April
- My Heavenly Father Loves Me – Matching Senses
- When I Am Baptized – Ribbon Wands
- An Angel Came to Joseph Smith – Scripture Connection
3rd Week of April
- An Angel Came to Joseph Smith – Show & Sing
- My Heavenly Father Loves Me – Hand Bells
- When I Am Baptized – Singing “Bee”
4th Week of April
- An Angel Came to Joseph Smith – Melody Chart
- When I Am Baptized – Hand Clap Pattern
- Mother, I Love You – Mother Match
5th Week of April
- My Heavenly Father Loves Me – Playdoh Creations
- An Angel Came to Joseph Smith – Senses / Nature
- Mother, I Love You – Movement Words
Other Singing Time Lesson Ideas
Here are some of our other lessons and games we’ve done with the 3 songs we’re working on for the month. We used these activities in February (or have them planned for later this year), but they’re perfect for April if you haven’t used them yet!
My Heavenly Father Loves Me
- Pick a Picture Phrase (Junior)
- Not That Word (Senior)
- Sights & Sounds Videos
- Scarves Pattern
- Recorder Music
An Angel Came to Joseph Smith
When I Am Baptized
Looking for more resources and ideas for Singing Time? See our Primary Come Follow Me Ideas landing page that can help you find the resources and lesson plans for all the songs for this year’s outline!